Índice del Foro Gineth Soto's Messageboard

Autor/Author Mensaje/Message

<  Pagina de mensajes/Message board  ~  update

Esposo de Gineth
Publicado/Posted: Dom May 25, 2008 10:46 am Responder citando
Registrado/Joined: 09 Nov 2007 Mensajes/Posts: 8
Hello Everyone

Thank you through all of this for all your support and kind words. I'm sorry to report that Gineth has abandoned her summit attempt for this year.

Gina does not feel like she has the strength left to undertake the climb that she would have to make. I believe all the time she has spent being sick there, first with a case of Giardia, which she was diagnosed with a few days after arriving in Base Camp last month, then the severe Khumbu cough she got, and now with the rushed schedule to get up the mountain before the season ends - all finally caught up with her. She has told me she thinks she might have lost 15 pounds - I'm guessing she is probably underestimating.

Three members of her team summitted. Gina's expedition leader, Jamie, assisted in many rescues all night. Gina was able to assess what was in front of her, take an objective look at her own health, and decided she would not risk putting herself or any others in danger by attempting to continue. The route is very crowded and pretty much everyone who is climbing this year are all on the same route at the same time. Talking to her on the phone, she seems at peace with her decision.

I am sad she will not make the summit this year, but I am thankful she is safe.

Again, thanks everybody for all your support.

Sincerely

Mike
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado/Send private message

Mostrar mensajes anteriores:  

Todas las horas están en GMT - 8 Horas
Página 1 de 1
Publicar Nuevo Tema

Saltar a: